For those looking into East Bay Real Estate, to buy or sell a home in 2023, having the right real estate agent on your team is key. Here are some tips on choosing the perfect real estate agent for you.
Key Traits For Real Estate Agents
Here are some of the most important traits sellers look for when choosing an agent:
- Finds interested (and qualified) buyers
- Recommended key home improvements
- Expertly organizes and submits all necessary paperwork
- Has quality photographs of the home to attract buyers
- Confidently leads contract negotiations
- Hosts open houses and tours for interested buyers
- Educates on the selling process and explains legal terminology
- Promotes listing on social media and/or appropriate real estate websites
East Bay Real Estate: Top Tips on Choosing the Right Real Estate Agents
Here are the most popular things to do when choosing a real estate agent:
Interview at Least 3 Agents.
Before choosing a real estate agent, talk to at least three first. Use the information provided here to help determine which agent is best suited to meet your needs.
Is the Agent Full Time or Part Time?
A full-time agent can spend more time working for you, while the part-timer may only be available on weekends or odd hours. Agents who aren’t readily available could miss out on key opportunities the full-time agent might be able to capitalize on.
Get to know your potential realtor by asking them key questions. Here are a few:
- Do you specialize? What’s your preferred type of real estate transaction?
- Do you work primarily with buyers or sellers?
- Do you work with a team, or are you solo?
- How do you market homes?
- Do you have any references?
- How long have you been a real estate agent?
- How many clients are you working with currently?
These questions can help you quickly determine if this is the right real estate agent for you.
Be Clear in Your Intentions.
Let the agent know exactly what’s going on. Do you have any specific requirements?
- Do you have to sell within a specific timeframe?
- Are you selling for tax advantages?
- Must sell (or buy) quickly?
The more information you can provide your agent, the better.
Get it in Writing.
Having everything in writing helps ensure everyone is on the same page. This includes agreeing on the following items:
- List price
- Contract length
- Commission structure
- Contingency plans
This can decrease the risk of any problems and increase the probability of a smooth business transaction.
What’s Your Desired Selling Strategy?
Do you want to have open houses? If so, how many? How much lead time do you need before a showing? How do you want to market or advertise your home?
Familiar With the Local Area?
This is especially important for buyers who are new to the area. A savvy real estate agent can tell you the best areas for your specific needs (good schools, public transportation, etc.) and what areas to avoid (high crime rates, upcoming construction projects, etc.)
Easy to Work With?
Buying or selling a home can be stressful. Having an agent that’s easy to work with and has a friendly disposition can help keep everyone calm is essential.
Discuss Communication Preferences.
Some people like to talk via text, while others prefer phone calls. The method of communication can indicate how fast (or slow) the response times can be. Determine which method works best for you and if your real estate agent can oblige.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right real estate agent can be the difference between a pleasurable experience or your worst nightmare. By taking the time to determine what your needs are, you increase your probability of finding the perfect East Bay Real Estate agent.
About Range Homes
Are you looking to buy or sell a home? Range Homes has helped customers buy and sell homes for years in East Bay Real Estate. We have some great market data to help you pick the perfect area and are ready to help you find your dream home during these unprecedented times. Contact us HERE for your real estate needs.